WMP Leadership & Community Service Scholarship Selection Process
Deadline: June 20 Annually
1. The Scholarship Committee will review all complete applications received on or before the due date. The scholarship award will be based on the Committee’s scores of the overall application and the scholarship essay.
2. Applications will be rated using the following criteria and weighted scores:
• References (5 points)
• School Activities, Achievements, and Recognitions (15 points)
• Registered CWSC volunteer (15 points)
• Grade point average (20 points)
• Essay (45 points)
3. A telephone interview with the applicant may be requested.
4. Applicants must submit a complete, signed application, together with all supporting documentation, if any, by the deadline date. Applications received that are incomplete or fail to comply with the application instructions will not be considered. Applications will not be returned to the applicant. The Scholarship Committee accepts no responsibility for incomplete applications, applications not in proper form, lost applications, or any other exception submission. No CWSC Scholarship can be awarded to any student who has a family member serving on the Scholarship Selection Committee or the Board of Directors. The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final and not subject to a review process. Completion of the application form does not create an obligation to award a scholarship to applicant.
5. Any necessary determination or clarification as to the interpretation or to the application of a particular term shall be made by the Scholarship Administrator in their sole discretion. Furthermore, the Scholarship Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to make any changes or modifications to the scholarship, including but not limited to, the criteria, the selection process, the deadline dates, and the guidelines and instructions.
Certification of Information
Applicant certifies that the information provided in his or her application is accurate and complete and understand that student records may be verified. Applicant further understands that any misrepresentation or omission of fact may lead to disqualification, termination or revocation of award. I have read and agreed to the above terms and conditions of the Scholarship and I understand the nature of the Scholarship and the extent of my obligations.
Presentation of Award
The Scholarship will be awarded directly to the recipient via U.S. Mail typically within ninety (90) days of application deadline. Actual award date may vary based on number of applicants. Prior to mailing award, the Committee must receive from your admissions office, verification of college enrollment including sufficient semester hours in accordance with Paragraph 1 of the Guidelines & Instructions. Should a recipient fail to provide enrollment verification for the beginning of the fall semester following their application process, the awards will be offered to alternates. The Scholarship is a one-time award. Prior recipients are not eligible for subsequent awards. Consult with your personal financial representative and/or office of student financial aid for tax and financial aid implications,