Scholarship Selection Process
Applicable to all CWSC Scholarships
Scholarship Cycle: February – June 20
1. The Scholarship Committee will review all complete applications received on or before the due date. The scholarship award will be based on the Committee’s scores of the overall application and the scholarship essay.
2. Applications will be rated using the following criteria and weighted scores:
• References (5 points)
• School Activities, Achievements, and Recognitions (15 points)
• Registered CWSC volunteer (15 points)
• Grade point average (20 points)
• Essay (45 points)
3. A telephone interview with the applicant may be requested.
4. Applicants must submit a complete, signed application, together with all supporting documentation, if any, by the deadline date. Applications received that are incomplete or fail to comply with the application instructions will not be considered. Applications will not be returned to the applicant. The Scholarship Committee accepts no responsibility for incomplete applications, applications not in proper form, lost applications, or any other exception submission. No CWSC Board of Directors or Scholarship Committee member can in anyway influence the selection of a scholarship recipient if the applicant is a relative of a CWSC Board or Scholarship Committee member. Any potential conflicts of interests require recusal of the CWSC official from any and all discussion. The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final and not subject to a review process. Completion of the application form does not create an obligation to award a scholarship to an applicant.
5. Any necessary determination or clarification as to the interpretation or to the application of a particular term shall be made by the Scholarship Administrator in their sole discretion. Furthermore, the Scholarship Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to make any changes or modifications to the scholarship, including but not limited to, the criteria, the selection process, the deadline dates, and the guidelines and instructions.
Certification of Information
Applicant certifies that the information provided in his or her application is accurate and complete and understand that student records may be verified. Applicant further understands that any misrepresentation or omission of fact may lead to disqualification, termination or revocation of award. I have read and agreed to the above terms and conditions of the Scholarship and I understand the nature of the Scholarship and the extent of my obligations.
Presentation of Award
The Scholarship will be awarded directly to the recipient usually via U.S. Mail typically within ninety (90) days of application deadline. Actual award date may vary based on number of applicants. Prior to mailing award, the Committee must receive from your admissions office, verification of college enrollment including sufficient semester hours in accordance with Paragraph 1 of the Guidelines & Instructions. Should a recipient fail to provide enrollment verification for the beginning of the fall semester following their application process, the awards will be offered to alternates. The WMP Scholarship is a nonrenewable one-time award. Prior recipients are not eligible for subsequent awards. Consult with your personal financial representative and/or office of student financial aid for tax and financial aid implications.
CWSC is bound by legal constraints in administering its scholarships including ensuring all standards are met as a nonprofit institution accepting donations that are tax deductible for the donor. Our policy does not allow us to share specifics of the scoring and why an applicant may or may not have qualified and received a scholarship. To protect the privacy of applicants, CWSC will only provide information to the applicant if there are any questions on the process or receipt of awarded scholarship funds.
CWSC fully reserves the right to cancel scholarships for any reason, including lack of funding or lack of the applicant being deemed sufficiently qualified by CWSC; the right to reduce the amount of the scholarship; the right to add new scholarships and award them to persons who applied for other scholarships; and otherwise reserves the right to make any modifications, cancellations, revisions, or additions to its published scholarship program as it deems advisable, in its sole direction. CWSC is not bound to any particular scholarship for any particular purpose until it actually awards that scholarship in writing sent to the recipient and the recipient has met all requirements.